Invest Barbados started out as the Barbados International Business Promotion Corporation (BIBPC), established as a statutory corporation in November 2005. We then gained permission to trade as Invest Barbados, and became operational in October 2006.
Our remit expanded in 2007 when the International Business Division of the Barbados Investment and Development Corporation (BIDC) was transferred to Invest Barbados. So we now have responsibility for promoting international business. We also help to develop and manage the Barbados international business brand.
Invest Barbados is governed by the Barbados International Business Promotion Corporation Act, CAP 340A
Our remit – what we do
- Invest Barbados promotes and lands foreign direct investment in Barbados
- We provide detailed and accurate information and resources – think of our website as a one-stop-shop for investors
- We work directly with clients to support them through their investment journey
- We provide aftercare services for businesses and investors
- We work to ensure that the Barbados environment is attractive and conducive to foreign direct investment
- We develop new investment products
- In collaboration with stakeholders, we manage the Barbados international brand
- Invest Barbados will be recognised globally as a world-class, investment promotion agency (IPA) that ensures that Barbados is a top choice for investors.
- Invest Barbados is solutions-focused, trusted, empowered, engaged, progressive.
- To seek, secure and support sustainable investments that enhance the economic and social development of Barbados.
- To promote Barbados as a desirable investment location, and land foreign direct investment
- To monitor competitive domiciles, clients and markets for new trends and legislative changes, and develop new products
- To work with other stakeholders to manage and develop the Barbados international business brand.
|Mr John Williams||Chairman|
|Mr Andrew Ferreira, QC||Deputy Chairman|
|HE Calvin Alkins, JP|
|Mr Ben Arrindell, CBE, SCM||Special Envoy and Advisor to the Government of Barbados|
|Mr Stephen Greaves|
|Ms Julia Hope|
|Ms Nikita Gibson|
|The Most Honourable Alies Jordan, FB||Permanent Secretary, Prime Minister’s Office|
|Ms Jennifer Hunte||Permanent Secretary (Ag), Ministry of Energy, Small Business & Entrepreneurship|
|Mr Derrick Cummins||Representative of the Barbados International Business Association|
|Ms Kaye Brathwaite||Chief Executive Officer|
|Ms Renatta Mohammed||Director – Investment & Marketing|
|Mr Ezra Catwell||Director – Investment Facilitation|
|Ms Sandra Payne||Director – Research and Development|
|Mr Jean Paul Cumberbatch||Manager – Research and Development|
|Mr Ronald Lewis||Manager – Information Communication Technology|
|Ms Deborah Gill||Manager – Finance|
|Mrs Michelle Inniss||Manager – Human Resources|