Who we are
Our online platforms are as follows:
Website address is: www.investbarbados.org
Linked In: InvestBarbados
Invest Barbados website and LinkedIn pages are operated by select authorised employees of Invest Barbados, which is headquartered in Hastings, Christ Church, Barbados.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Personal data means data which relates to an individual who can be identified from that data. We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data, for example:
- Identity Data including first name and last name;
- Contact Data including email address and telephone numbers;
- Technical Data including internet protocol (IP) address; and
- Usage Data including information about how you use our website and your equipment.
We only collect personal data that is relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are collected.
We do not collect sensitive personal data i.e. personal data consisting of information on your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, membership of a political body, membership of a trade union, genetic data, biometric data, sexual orientation or life, financial record or position, criminal record or proceedings for any offence committed or alleged to have been committed by you, the disposal of such proceedings or the sentence of any court of competent jurisdiction in such proceedings.
When visitors to our website leave information on the contact forms on the website we collect the data, in addition to the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. We however fully respect the user’s privacy and will ensure transparency and confidentiality in our interactions with the user as it relates to data collection and how we use that information.
This website is not intended for children (persons under 18) and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Visitors to our website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Invest Barbados uses features of Google analytics, which will be used to collect information on users to Invest Barbados’ website, for a period of time. Users may opt out of the Google Analytics feature, by opting out of cookies.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this website may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the user has visited the other website.
How we use your data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your rights and freedoms are not prejudiced thereby (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). For example, we use your personal data:
- To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data);
- To deliver relevant website content to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the content we serve to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods, services or events that may be of interest to you; and
- To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences.
Who we share your data with
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information provided, in a corporate database. Users can request that Invest Barbados edit, or delete their personal information at any time. Third party website administrators can also see and edit that information. All third party partners of Invest Barbados are bound by the terms and conditions set out in this Policy and will maintain our privacy standards.
Information collected on our website may have to be shared under circumstances. This may include, but is not limited to the following cases where:
(i) Invest Barbados is lawfully authorised to do so in the execution of our statutory functions;
(ii) It is required for the performance of a contract between Invest Barbados and users;
(iii) It is required for Invest Barbados’ legitimate interests;
(iv) Users have requested or consented to Invest Barbados using personal data for a specific and agreed purpose.
Third Party Websites
How long do we store your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements.
How your data is secured
We have put in place appropriate technical and organisational security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
We have also put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator without undue delay of a personal data breach where we are legally required to do so.
What rights you have over your data
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These rights are broadly:
- the right to access your personal data and receive a copy of the same (subject to reasonable administrative costs);
- the right to rectification or erasure of your personal data; and
- the right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
If users sign up for Invest Barbados’ mailing list or seminar/conference, at any time they can request that any personal data held about a user is erased. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. Users have the right to update, alter or change the information we hold by contacting Invest Barbados directly and as early as possible, with the updated details. Users should indicate which medium is preferred to be contacted.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights, including your right to withdraw your consent in respect of processing your personal data, please contact us using the contact information set out below. We may need to request information to confirm your identity before facilitating your request.
Invest Barbados is the data controller and is responsible for your personal data.
Trident Insurance Financial Centre