Invest Barbados, the investment promotion agency of the government of Barbados will host an International Insurance Seminar at the Grand Hyatt New York Hotel, New York, on Thursday April 29, 2010. The event starts at 9.00 a.m.
This networking and information session will examine effective risk management strategies and highlight the advantages of the Barbados domicile for International Insurance.
Featured speakers include:
1. Dr. The Honorable David Estwick, M.P., Minister of Economic Affairs, Trade, Industry & Commerce. Minister Estwick will address the topic, “The International Insurance Industry in Barbados.”
2. Mr. Tom Sears, Past Chairman & CEO of Royal Bank Insurance Co. Ltd. B’dos, who will share perspectives on “Re-Evaluating You Domicile Strategies as the US Economy Recovers.”
3. Mr. Tom Stokes, Managing Principal of Towner Management Group LLC, will discuss “The Use of Captives to Contain Escalating Cost of Risk Losses from Natural Disasters.”
4. Mr. Nicholas Crichlow, Senior Vice President, Marsh Management Services Ltd. will examine “Benchmarking for Meaningful Captive Analysis.”
5. Mr. Ian Caskie, Chief Operating Officer, London Life & Casualty Corporation will explain “The Benefits of Using a Barbados International Insurance Company.”
Resource personnel from the Investment Promotion and Faciliation Division will also be on hand to provide detailed information and to answer queries on Barbados as a domicile for International Business. The Invest Barbados team will include Ms. Emeline Taitt, Director of Investment Promotion and Facilitation, Mr. Kenneth Campbell, Manager North America, Mrs. Ann Mellows, Senior Business Development Officer, and Mr. Adrian Sealy, Senior Business Development Officer.
To preview the full program, please click here.
To get further information, please contact Mr. Adrian Sealy, Senior Business Development Officer, Invest Barbados at 1-800-841-7860 or via email at email@example.com.