LexisNexis UK is pleased to announce its two day International Tax and Trust Planning Conference, which will take place in Barbados on March 1 & 2, 2010. The event will be hosted at the Hilton hotel.
International tax planning has become headline news across the world as international governments crack down on tax evasion associated with the known tax havens. Barbados, with its vast network of tax treaties, as well as other Caribbean nations are very attractive for potential investors as they seek favourable, transparent locations to focus their financial activities and funds.
With distinguished speakers from the Caribbean, UK, USA and Canada this event will provide an excellent platform for advisers to network with and learn from their industry peers. The speakers will discuss the international tax challenges resulting from legislative changes in the UK and North America and the planning tools and opportunities for tax efficient investing in Barbados and other Caribbean jurisdictions.
Confirmed speakers include:
· Fred Gallagher, Partner, Deloitte (Canada)
· Giles Clarke, Author, Offshore Tax Planning (UK)
· Dr Trevor Carmichael Q.C, Chancery Chambers
· Christopher McKenzie, Partner, Walkers (British Virgin Islands)
· Jonathan Brathwaite, International Tax Consultant, Cititrust International (Barbados)
· Wade George, Director, Ernst and Young, (Trinidad)
· Jacqueline Chacko, Attorney-At-Law, Chancery Chambers
· Andy Sharp, Director, Specialist Taxation Services (UK)
· Dominique Pepin, Director Tax Department, Ernst and Young (Barbados)
· Andrew C Ferreira, Attorney-At-Law, Chancery Chambers
· Kenneth Morgan, Partner, Rawlinson and Hunter (British Virgin Islands)
· Steven L. Cantor, Managing Partner, Cantor and Webb (USA)
This event is essential for all international tax and trust advisers, accountants, lawyers, wealth advisers, private bankers and fiduciaries from the Caribbean, the UK and other European countries, the USA and Canada.
The conference is supported by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Caribbean, Barbados International Business Association, Chancery Chambers, First Caribbean International Bank, Institute of Chartered Accountants of the Caribbean, Invest Barbados, Platinum Offshore Managements Services Inc., RBC Wealth Management, and Scotia Trust.
For more details and to register click here.