The Caribbean’s investment location of choice, Barbados, offers a reliable telecommunications infrastructure, state-of-the-art technology based services and solutions, and a cultural affinity related to its geographic proximity to North America. Barbados is also noted for its social, political and economic stability. A service-oriented, loyal, trainable workforce, competitive business costs and high levels of worker productivity, add to the appeal of the island as a cost-efficient location for information and communications technology (ICT) investments.
Several foreign-owned enterprises and a diverse mix of locally owned service bureaus offer excellent service at competitive prices.
Foreign owned companies have undertaken a range of ICT activities in Barbados including:
- Contact Centre Customer and Technical Support
- Software Development
- Transaction Processing
- Health Insurance Claims Processing
- Credit Card Applications
- Health Information Management (Medical Transcription)
- Data Entry and Fulfillment
- Database Management
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) Applications
- Web Application
- Computer Aided Design (CAD)