About Invest Barbados
Establishment of Invest Barbados
The Barbados International Business Promotion Corporation (BIBPC) was established as a statutory corporation on November 10, 2005. The corporation subsequently gained permission to trade under the new name Invest Barbados; however, it wasn't until October 1, 2006 that the business became operational and the first employee was hired. Effective January 1, 2007 the International Business Division of the Barbados Investment and Development Corporation (BIDC) was transferred to Invest Barbados. Invest Barbados therefore now assumes the responsibility of the promotion of international business.
Invest Barbados (IB) is an economic development agency of the government of Barbados. IB is responsible for attracting, winning and sustaining international investment for Barbados. The corporation is also responsible for helping to develop and manage the Barbados international business brand.
"To be recognised as a leading investment promotion agency by virtue of our success in winning and facilitating international business."
"To secure and facilitate sustainable foreign direct investment and international business that result in increased jobs, technology and skills transfer, foreign exchange earnings and tax revenues for Barbados."
In pursuing our mission we will:
- Recruit, train and retain high quality people to execute our mandate
- Engage in promotional activities globally
- Conduct research to facilitate the development of new products and markets
- Manage Barbados' investment climate to ensure client satisfaction and future growth
- To promote Barbados as a desirable investment location, and land foreign direct investment
- To monitor competitive domiciles, clients and markets for new trends and legislative changes, and develop new products
- To work with other stakeholders to manage and develop the Barbados international business brand
- Promoting and landing foreign direct investment
- Providing relevant, timely, current, quality information to investors
- Ensuring that the Barbados environment is conducive to foreign direct investment
- Developing new investment products
- Collaborating with stakeholders to manage the Barbados international business brand
Mr. Anthony Bryan, GCM, J.P.
Mr. Rodwell London
Mr. Randy Graham
Mr. Stephen Greaves
Mr. Everton Walters, CBE, J.P.
Ms. Debra Gooding
Ms. Emeline Taitt
Permanent Secretary, Prime Minister's Office - currently Ms. Sonja Welch
Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Industry, International Business, Commerce and Small Business Development - currently Mr. Philmore Best
Representative - Barbados International Business Association - currently Mr. Andrew Alleyne
Ms. Sandra Payne
Chief Executive Officer (Ag.)
Mr. Kenneth Campbell
Director - Investment Promotion
Mr. Ezra Catwell
Director - Investment Facilitation
Ms. Jannette Babb
Director - Research and Development (Ag.)
Mr. Jean Paul Cumberbatch
Manager - Research and Development
Mr. Ronald Lewis
Manager - Information Communication Technology
Ms. Deborah Gill
Manager - Finance
Mrs. Michelle Inniss
Manager - Human Resources
Back to top